Meaning: a green aphid which is a common pest of crops.
Plural of Greenfly
Greenfly as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The small greenfly landed on the plant.
- The gardener noticed a lone greenfly on the rosebush.
- The greenfly feasted on the tender leaves of the vegetable.
- The plant struggled to survive the infestation of the greenfly.
- The greenfly spread to neighboring plants in the garden.
- The gardener carefully removed the lone greenfly from the flower.
- The greenfly damaged the delicate petals of the rose.
- The plant’s health declined due to the presence of the greenfly.
- The gardener used organic methods to control the greenfly
- The greenfly larvae hatched and started feeding on the plant.
Greenfly as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The garden was infested with numerous greenflies.
- The greenflies quickly multiplied and spread to nearby plants.
- The gardener sprayed insecticide to eliminate the greenflies.
- The leaves were covered with sticky honeydew from the greenflies.
- The greenflies weakened the plants, causing them to wither.
- The gardener introduced ladybugs to control the population of greenflies.
- The greenflies attracted ants with their sweet secretions.
- The plants recovered after the removal of the greenflies.
- The greenflies were a nuisance in the garden.
- The gardener took preventive measures to avoid future greenfly
Singular Possessive of Greenfly
The singular possessive form of “Greenfly” is “Greenfly’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Greenfly:
- The greenfly’s infestation affected the garden’s health.
- She studied the lifecycle of the greenfly’s population.
- The damage caused by the greenfly’s feeding habits was evident.
- The pesticide targeted the greenfly’s reproductive cycle.
- The gardeners monitored the greenfly’s activity closely.
- The rose bush showed signs of the greenfly’s presence.
- The sticky residue indicated the greenfly’s visitation.
- She researched natural remedies to control the greenfly’s spread.
- The ladybugs were introduced to combat the greenfly’s population.
- The weather conditions affected the greenfly’s population growth.
Plural Possessive of Greenfly
The plural possessive form of “Greenfly” is “Greenflies'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Greenfly:
- The gardeners dealt with multiple greenflies’ infestations simultaneously.
- The growth of the greenflies’ colonies was alarming.
- The plants’ leaves were covered in the greenflies’ sticky secretion.
- They implemented measures to control the greenflies’ spread.
- The organic insecticide targeted the greenflies’ reproduction cycle.
- The garden’s ecosystem was disrupted by the greenflies’ presence.
- The predators fed on the greenflies’ population, reducing their numbers.
- The gardeners documented the greenflies’ damage for analysis.
- The infested plants required immediate action to eradicate the greenflies’ colonies.
- The gardening community shared tips to combat the greenflies’ infestation.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 10th, 2023 at 07:10 pm