Meaning of Bus
The meaning of Bus is a a large motor vehicle carrying passengers by road, typically one serving the public on a fixed route and for a fare.
Singular and Plural of Bus
The plural of Bus is Buses.
Bus as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The bus arrived at the designated bus stop.
- She boarded the bus and found a seat near the window.
- The bus driver greeted the passengers with a smile.
- The bus route passed through the city center.
- The bus ride was smooth and comfortable.
- The students waited patiently for the school bus.
- The bus traveled along the coastal road.
- She missed the bus and had to wait for the next one.
- The bus conductor collected the fares from the passengers.
- The bus schedule indicated the arrival and departure times.
Platform as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The speaker stood on the platform and addressed the crowd.
- The train arrived at the platform right on time.
- She waited patiently on the platform for her friend.
- The politician delivered a speech from the platform.
- The concert stage was set up on a large platform.
- The protesters gathered on the public platform to voice their concerns.
- The new app provides a user-friendly platform for social networking.
- The company launched its e-commerce platform last year.
- The artist showcased his artwork on an online platform.
- The speaker shared her experiences on a virtual platform.
Singular Possessive of Bus
The singular possessive form of “Bus” is “Bus’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Bus:
- The driver ensured the safety of the Bus’s passengers.
- The conductor collected the fares on the Bus’s route.
- The mechanic inspected the engine of the Bus’s fleet.
- The driver’s seat in the Bus’s cockpit was comfortable.
- The advertisement on the side of the Bus’s exterior caught people’s attention.
- The timetable displayed the Bus’s schedule and stops.
- The commuter left their umbrella on the Bus’s seat.
- The inspector checked the condition of the Bus’s tires.
- The company maintained the cleanliness of the Bus’s interior.
- The traveler enjoyed the smooth ride in the Bus’s air-conditioned cabin.
Plural Possessive of Bus
The plural possessive form of “Bus” is “Buses'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Bus:
- The drivers took pride in the cleanliness of the Buses’ interiors.
- The passengers’ safety was the top priority for the Buses’ operators.
- The mechanics performed regular maintenance on the Buses’ engines.
- The schedules of the Buses’ routes were displayed at the stations.
- The commuters appreciated the convenience of the Buses’ frequent service.
- The conductors ensured the smooth boarding process on the Buses’ doors.
- The travelers’ luggage was stored in the Buses’ compartments.
- The inspectors checked the validity of the tickets on the Buses’ journeys.
- The companies invested in upgrading the technology in the Buses’ systems.
- The drivers communicated with each other through the Buses’ radios.
Explore More Nouns Below:
Last updated on June 6th, 2023 at 10:15 am