Australian slang words for food! 26 aussie slang words are listed with their meanings. You can use these slangs in your daily conversation when talking about food. This lesson is very useful for those who are preparing for IELTS.
Australian slang words for food
- Mushies — Mushrooms
- Jaffle — Toasted sandwich
- Chook — Chicken
- Flat white — Coffee with milk
- Chewie — Chewing gum
- Lollies — Sweets
- Dog’s eye — Meat pie
- Sambo — Sandwich
- Slab — 24 cans of beer
- Icy pole — it is lavoured ice treat on a stick
- Spag bol — Spaghetti bolognaise
- Sanga — Same as sambo
- Bubbles — Sparkling wine
- BLT — Bacon lettuce tomato sandwich
- Schnitty — Schnitzel, a breaded chicken/veal fillet
- Tinnie — Can of beer
- Cuppa — Cup of tea
- Stubby — A small bottle of beer
- Tucker — Food
- Roadie — Taking a drink on the way with you
- Avo — Avocado
- Vino — Wine
- Snag — Sausage
- Choccy biccy — Chocolate biscuit
- Pavlova — Meringue based dessert pavlova. It is named after Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova. It is very crispy and delicious. It is pronounced as the name of a singer. This pavlova is very crispy and topped with fruit and cream, and soft light inside.
- Lamington — It is squared shape and made from butter squares, and covered in chocolate and coconut flakes.
Infographics (Australian Slang Words)
You can Download Australian Slang words for Food with infographics pdf.