Meaning of Icy: cold, very cold
Comparative and Superlative Degree of Icy
Comparative degree of icy is icier, superlative degree of icy is iciest.
Examples Using Positive Degree of Icy:
- The lake was icy, making it perfect for ice skating.
- Her cold hands felt icy against my warm skin.
- I slipped on the icy sidewalk and fell down.
- The wind made my face feel icy as I walked outside.
- The icy water felt refreshing on a hot summer day.
- Be careful, the road is icy and slippery.
- He shivered as the icy wind blew through his jacket.
- The polar bear swam in the icy ocean without any trouble.
- She wore a thick coat to protect herself from the icy weather.
- The winter storm left the trees covered in icy branches.
Example Using Comparative Degree of Icy:
- Today is icier than yesterday, so bundle up.
- The wind is icier in the mountains than at sea level.
- She found the icier part of the lake to go ice fishing.
- The freezer is getting icier as the temperature drops.
- The wind became icier as we climbed higher up the mountain.
- He prefers the icier temperatures for his morning runs.
- The north side of the building is usually icier in the winter.
- The weather forecast predicts an icier winter than last year.
- The icier road conditions caused a few accidents.
- The wind-chill factor makes it feel even icier outside.
Example Using Superlative Degree of Icy:
- This is the iciest winter we’ve had in years.
- The polar regions are known for their iciest temperatures.
- She wore multiple layers to survive the iciest days of winter.
- The lake is the iciest it has been all season.
- The iciest part of the mountain is off-limits to climbers.
- The iciest days are yet to come, so prepare for the cold.
- The iciest roads are usually treated with salt and sand.
- He’s the iciest person I know, never showing any emotions.
- The iciest winds come from the north during winter storms.
- The iciest nights are when the stars shine the brightest.
Explore More Adjectives:
Complete List: Degree of Adjectives
Last updated on June 13th, 2023 at 05:11 am