Imperative sentences can be a great way to express your thoughts and ideas, but sometimes it can be difficult to find the right words. WOULD is a powerful verb that allows you to express yourself in ways other forms of grammar cannot. This article will provide you with 20 sentences using WOULD and WOULDN’T in example sentences so that you can get better acquainted with this versatile verb.
The word “would” can be used in different ways to express a variety of meanings in sentences. Here are some common ways to use “would” in sentences:
- Conditional statements: “If I had more time, I would go to the gym.”
- Polite requests: “Would you mind passing me the salt, please?”
- Future in the past: “He said he would call me later.”
- Habitual actions in the past: “When I was a child, I would always ride my bike to the park.”
- Hypothetical situations: “If I won the lottery, I would buy a big house.”
- Indirect speech: “He said he would be late for the meeting.”
- Polite offers: “Would you like some more coffee?”
- Probability of presumption: “That would be John calling.”
- Counterfactual situations: “If I were taller, I would play basketball professionally.”
Remember that the use of “would” depends on the context of the sentence and the intended meaning.
Would in Example Sentences
- I would love to play football with you.
- I wish I would stop smoking.
- I wouldn’t mind going to the cinema with you.
- I would like to go to the cinema with you.
- I would prefer to go to the cinema with you.
- I would be very happy if you were my wife.
- I would rather you didn’t smoke.
- I wish we would stop smoking.
- I wish it would stop raining.
- I wish it wouldn’t rain.
- I wish you would come with me.
- I wish he would be more polite.
- I wish she would play tennis with me.
- I wish the sun would shine.
- I wish they would play tennis with me.
- I wish they wouldn’t play tennis with me.
- I wish he would come to the party with us.
- Sara would prefer to go to the cinema with you.
- He would go swimming.
- He would love to play tennis.
10 Negative Sentences Using Would
Below are some sentences using would not.
- I would not trust him with my secrets.
- She would not answer my calls.
- They would not listen to my advice.
- He would not apologize for his mistakes.
- She would not forgive me for my actions.
- They would not accept my proposal.
- He would not attend the party.
- She would not share her food with me.
- They would not give me a second chance.
- He would not lend me any money.
10 Interrogative Sentences Using Would
Below are question sentences using would:
- Would you like to join me for dinner tonight?
- Would it be possible for you to lend me some money?
- Would you mind if I took a break for a few minutes?
- Would you like me to help you with your homework?
- Would it be okay if we postponed our meeting to next week?
- Would you be interested in going on a road trip with me?
- Would it be too much trouble for you to pick up some groceries on your way home?
- Would you mind telling me why you are upset?
- Would it be okay if I borrowed your pen for a moment?
- Would you like to go out for a movie tonight?
Last updated on April 8th, 2023 at 05:38 pm