The present perfect continuous tense is one of the most commonly used English tenses, expressing an event that began in the past and continues into the present. It can be a useful tool for describing situations and events that are ongoing, and it’s important to understand its structure and use.
In this article, we will look at 10 examples of sentences in the present perfect continuous tense to give you a better understanding of how it works.
10 Examples of Present Perfect Continuous Tense Sentences
- We haven’t been going to school lately.
- I have been traveling a lot since college.
- It has been getting colder recently in India.
- I have been playing for this team since college.
- How long has she been teaching at that school?
- He hasn’t been having good grades all semester.
- She has been having headaches since her accident.
- He hasn’t been staying home very often recently.
- John hasn’t been eating any vegetables recently.
- What have you been doing this evening?
Want More? Read 100 Sentences of Present Perfect Continuous Tense
Present Perfect Continuous Tense Exercise
Complete the following sentences using the Present Perfect Continuous Tense:
- Sarah _____________ (study) for her exam for two hours.
- The children _____________ (play) outside all afternoon.
- I _____________ (work) on this project since last week.
- He _____________ (practice) his guitar for three hours.
- They _____________ (wait) for the bus for half an hour.
- The dog _____________ (chase) its tail for the past ten minutes.
- We _____________ (watch) the movie since 7 pm.
- The baby _____________ (cry) for the last hour.
- Tom _____________ (learn) French for six months.
- She _____________ (read) her book since morning.
- has been studying
- have been playing
- have been working
- has been practicing
- have been waiting
- has been chasing
- have been watching
- has been crying
- has been learning
- has been reading