10 Examples of Pronouns in Sentences! Pronouns are a key part of the English language, playing an important role in communication. They can help us to avoid repetition and sound more natural when speaking or writing. In this article, we’ll go over 10 examples of pronouns used in sentences along with their short definition.
10 Examples of Pronouns in a Sentence
- We come up short on hake but make up for it on herring.
- It is preferable to be safe rather than sorry.
- We must not deceive ourselves and cry out, “God help us.”
- Plato is dear to me, but the truth is even dearer.
- She is always engrossed in a book.
- She began to sing, and the others soon joined in.
- I‘m going to show you a thief.
- He who is afraid of death will perish.
- We saw the law where they saw a chance.
- You must toil for knowledge if you want it.
10 Pronouns With Meaning and Example Sentences
1. I – used to refer to oneself as the speaker or writer
I am going to the store.
2. You – used to refer to the person being addressed
Can you pass me the salt, please?
3. He – used to refer to a male person or animal
He is my brother.
4. She – used to refer to a female person or animal
She is a doctor.
5. It – used to refer to a thing, animal, or idea
The book is on the table. It is a mystery novel.
6. Her – used as an object pronoun to refer to a female person or animal
She gave her a flower.
7. We – used to refer to a group of people that includes the speaker or writer
We are going on a trip this weekend.
8. They – used to refer to a group of people or things that do not include the speaker or writer
They are playing soccer in the park.
9. Me – used as an object pronoun to refer to oneself
He gave me a present.
10. Him – used as an object pronoun to refer to a male person or animal
I gave him a book.
Last updated on April 2nd, 2023 at 05:16 pm