A town is a smaller form of human settlement than a city but usually larger than a village. Towns often serve as centers for local government, commerce, and social interaction. To understand towns better, one should be familiar with the various terms associated with them.
Words Related to Town
Here are the top 30 terms related to town with meanings:
- Main Street: The primary road in a town, often with shops.
- Town Hall: Where local government meetings occur.
- Suburb: Residential areas surrounding a city or town.
- Municipality: A town’s local government.
- Locals: People who live in the town.
- Small Business: Businesses owned and operated locally.
- Downtown: The commercial center of a town.
- Township: A division of a county with its governance.
- Community: A group of people living in the same area.
- Public Transport: Buses, trains, or trams in a town.
- Marketplace: A venue for buying and selling goods.
- School District: An area served by a group of schools.
- Public Park: An open area for recreation.
- Grocery Store: A shop selling food and household items.
- Residential Area: Where people’s homes are located.
- Shopping Mall: A large indoor retail space.
- Police Station: Where local law enforcement is based.
- Hospital: A facility for medical treatment.
- Fire Station: Where firefighters and equipment are housed.
- Tourist Spot: An attraction that draws visitors.
- Library: A place for borrowing books and media.
- Café: A small restaurant for light meals.
- Traffic Light: Signal for controlling road traffic.
- Road Sign: Signage that provides driving instructions.
- Festival: An event or fair often held annually.
- Civic Center: A facility for community activities.
- Public School: Government-funded educational institution.
- Plaza: A public square in a town.
- Crosswalk: Marked place for pedestrians to cross the road.
- Post Office: Where mail is sent and received.
Explore More Related Words: