Transportation plays a critical role in our daily lives, allowing us to commute, ship goods, and explore the world. Understanding the terminology associated with transportation can enhance our comprehension of this vital sector.
Words Related to Transportation
Here are the top 30 terms related to transportation with meanings:
- Vehicle: A means of conveyance for transporting people or goods.
- Bus: A large, road vehicle for carrying multiple passengers.
- Train: A connected series of cars or carriages running on tracks.
- Airplane: A flying vehicle designed for air travel.
- Ship: A large vessel for traveling over water.
- Taxi: A car for hire that transports people.
- Subway: An underground urban railway system.
- Motorcycle: A two-wheeled motor vehicle.
- Ferry: A boat used to carry people and vehicles across a body of water.
- Freight: Goods transported by truck, train, or other means.
- Railway: Tracks on which trains run.
- Highway: A major public road for vehicles.
- Bicycle: A vehicle with two wheels, pedaled by a rider.
- Cruise: A sea journey for pleasure.
- Traffic: The flow of vehicles on roads.
- Cab: Another term for a taxi or a part of a truck for the driver.
- Logistics: The management of transporting goods.
- Commute: Regular travel between work and home.
- Navigation: The process of planning a route.
- Pedestrian: A person who is walking.
- Cargo: Goods carried by a large vehicle.
- Aircraft: A vehicle designed for air travel that has wings and engines.
- Driver: The person operating a vehicle.
- Roundabout: A circular intersection where traffic moves continuously.
- Carpool: Sharing a car journey with others.
- Scooter: A small motorcycle with a platform for the feet.
- Limo: Short for limousine, a luxury car.
- Tunnel: An underground passage for vehicles or pedestrians.
- Helicopter: A type of aircraft that can hover and move in any direction.
- License: Permission, often in the form of a document, to operate a vehicle.
Explore More Related Words: