University is an institution of higher education and research that grants degrees in various academic disciplines. It serves as a cornerstone for academic learning, professional development, and societal progress. Knowing the vocabulary related to university can be extremely beneficial for students, educators, and anyone interested in academia.
Words Related to University
Here are the top 30 terms related to University with meanings:
- Academia: The environment or community concerned with the pursuit of scholarly education and research.
- Degree: An academic rank conferred by a university.
- Tuition: The fee charged for instruction at a college or university.
- Semester: One of the academic terms during which classes are held.
- Lecture: An oral presentation intended to teach people about a subject.
- Undergraduate: A student who has not yet received a first degree.
- Postgraduate: A student who has completed a first degree and is pursuing additional studies.
- Faculty: The academic staff of a university or college.
- Curriculum: The subjects comprising a course of study.
- Dissertation: A long essay on a specific subject, usually for a doctoral degree.
- Thesis: A written report for a degree, usually a Master’s.
- Scholarship: A grant-in-aid for a student to help pay for education.
- Alumni: People who have graduated from the institution.
- Enrollment: The act of enrolling in an academic institution.
- Syllabus: An outline or summary of topics to be covered in an educational course.
- Campus: The grounds and buildings of a university or college.
- Matriculation: The process of enrolling in a college or university.
- Credits: Units representing completion of coursework.
- Major: The primary field of study for a university student.
- Minor: A secondary field of study for a university student.
- Registrar: The official responsible for maintaining student records.
- Tenure: Permanent employment for academic faculty after a probation period.
- Elective: A course that is not required but can be chosen by students.
- Fellowship: A grant for advanced study or research.
- Examination: A formal test of knowledge or skills.
- Tutor: A private teacher who provides supplemental instruction.
- Department: A specific division of a faculty focused on a subject.
- Student Union: An organization for students that represents their interests.
- Lab: Short for laboratory, a place for scientific work and research.
- Orientation: An introductory event to welcome new students to the university.
Explore More Words: