What does Flirting Mean?
Flirting is the act of showing romantic or playful interest in someone through gestures, words, or body language. It is often a subtle form of interaction aimed at gauging the other person’s interest.
Slang Words for Flirting
- Slide: Sliding into someone’s messages.
- Chirpsing: Chatting someone up.
- Vibe: Creating a romantic atmosphere.
- Flex: Showing off to impress.
- Peacock: Displaying yourself extravagantly.
- Mack: Actively flirting.
- Spit Game: Using persuasive talk.
- Hit On: Making advances towards.
- Game: Skill in flirting.
- Wingman: Helping a friend flirt.
- Grafting: Working hard to flirt.
- DM: Sending a flirty message.
- Smooth: Graceful in approach.
- Tease: Lightly making fun to flirt.
- Swoon: Acting romantically to impress.
- Lock Eyes: Making meaningful eye contact.
- Chat Up: Talking to romantically engage.
- Crush: Feeling strongly attracted.
- Thirst: Showing overt desire.
- Booty Call: Late-night flirting or invitation.
Use of Flirting Slang in Example Sentences
- She decided to slide into his DMs: “Hey, you up?”
- Tim was chirping at the bar last night.
- They began to vibe over shared hobbies.
- He tried to flex by talking about his job.
- Sally decided to peacock with her new dress.
- Mike was macking on Sarah all night.
- Trying to spit game, Mark mentioned his travels.
- Jessica was hit on by several guys at the party.
- David’s game was off; he struck out.
- Steve was my wingman for the evening.
- He was grafting hard but got nowhere.
- Did you DM her yet?
- Jane was smooth in asking for his number.
- She likes to tease him about his favorite band.
- He tried to swoon her with poetry.
- When they lock eyes, sparks fly.
- I saw him chat up a girl at the coffee shop.
- She’s my crush, I can’t help it.
- His thirst was obvious, and it wasn’t for water.
- It was clearly a booty call, so she ignored it.
Explore More Slang Words: