What does Dating Mean?
Dating refers to the social activity where two individuals spend time together to assess each other’s suitability as a prospective partner. The term originated from the early 20th century, evolving from traditional courtship practices.
Slang Words for Dating
- Ghosting: Ending contact abruptly
- Benching: Keeping someone as backup
- Breadcrumbing: Sending sporadic messages
- Cuffing: Seasonal committed relationship
- DM: Direct message flirting
- Catfishing: Pretending to be someone else online
- DTR: Define the relationship
- FBO: Facebook official relationship
- FWB: Friends with benefits
- NSA: No strings attached
- Situationship: Undefined romantic relationship
- Zombieing: Coming back after ghosting
- Slide: Entering someone’s DMs
- Boo: Significant other
- Stashing: Hiding a relationship
- Love Bombing: Overwhelming affection initially
- Thirsty: Desperate for attention
- Swiping: Using dating apps
- Orbiting: Online stalking without contact
- Ship: Support a relationship
Use of Dating Slang in Example Sentences
- She was really hurt after he started ghosting her.
- He didn’t want commitment; he was just benching her.
- She kept breadcrumbing me but never made plans.
- They got together just for cuffing season.
- He decided to DM her after liking her post.
- She found out he was catfishing her all along.
- It’s time for us to DTR and move forward.
- They finally went FBO after three months.
- We’re not dating; we’re just FWB.
- They are looking for an NSA relationship.
- We’re not dating; it’s just a situationship.
- After weeks of silence, he started zombieing her.
- He decided to slide into her DMs.
- She introduced him as her boo at the party.
- He’s stashing her away from his friends.
- He was love bombing her in the beginning.
- She got tired of his thirsty messages.
- She spent the evening swiping on the dating app.
- She noticed he was orbiting her social media.
- Fans began to ship them after their on-screen chemistry.
Explore More Slang Words: