Meaning: enjoy, play cricket etc.
Singular and Plural of Play
Play as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The actors performed a brilliant play at the theater.
- She wrote a heartfelt play for her school’s drama club.
- The audience gave a standing ovation after the captivating play.
- The playwright won several awards for his latest play.
- The high school students rehearsed tirelessly for the upcoming play.
- The director chose an intriguing storyline for the theatrical play.
- The comedy play had the audience laughing throughout the performance.
- The theater hosted a series of Shakespearean plays.
- The ticket sales for the popular play soared within days.
- The actors memorized their lines for the challenging play.
Play as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- They attended multiple plays during their visit to the city.
- The festival showcased a variety of theatrical plays.
- The local theater group staged several successful plays.
- The playwrights submitted their original plays for the competition.
- The actors performed in different cities, presenting their acclaimed plays.
- The theater offered discounted tickets for student matinee plays.
- The children’s theater performed interactive and educational plays.
- The drama enthusiasts organized a series of amateur plays.
- The audience eagerly awaited the premiere of the new season’s plays.
- The theater critics reviewed the latest Broadway plays.
Singular Possessive of Play
The singular possessive form of “Play” is “Play’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Play:
- The play’s cast received standing ovation from the audience.
- I borrowed the play’s script from the library.
- The success of the play’s opening night surprised everyone.
- The director praised the actors’ dedication to the play.
- The ticket sales for the play reached a record high.
- The reviews praised the play’s innovative storytelling.
- The backstage crew worked hard to create the play’s set.
- The playwright’s inspiration for the play came from real-life events.
- The costumes for the play were designed by a renowned fashion designer.
- The audience eagerly awaited the play’s second act.
Plural Possessive of Play
The plural possessive form of “Play” is “Plays'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Play:
- The plays’ themes explored various aspects of human nature.
- The theater company announced the plays’ upcoming schedule.
- The actors’ performances in the plays were highly acclaimed.
- The box office reported high ticket sales for the plays.
- The playwrights’ collaboration resulted in the success of the plays.
- The audiences’ enthusiasm for the plays was contagious.
- The theater’s brochure featured the plays’ vibrant posters.
- The directors’ vision for the plays impressed the critics.
- The costumes for all the plays were designed by a renowned costume designer.
- The actors’ dedication to their craft brought life to the plays.
Explore More Nouns Below:
Last updated on June 6th, 2023 at 10:47 am