Meaning/Definition of attract: Verb referring to the act of drawing or pulling someone or something towards oneself; to evoke interest or admiration.
What is the Opposite of attract?
The Opposite of attract is repel.
Other Opposites of attract:
Here is the list of all opposites or antonyms of attract:
- Drive back
- Turn away
- Turn back
- Hold back
- Beat off
- Keep off
- Ward off
- Drive away
- Gross out
- Beat back
- Shut down
- Make sick
- Keep at bay
- Fend off
- Keep away
- Give the creeps to
- Turn off
- Drive off
- Be repulsive to
- Force off
- Chase away
- Fail to interest
- See off
- Put off
- Stave off
- Brush off
Example Sentences Using Opposites of Attract:
- Her beauty repelled, didn’t attract.
- The advertisement deterred, didn’t attract customers.
- The magnet repulsed, didn’t attract any metal.
- The scent disgusted, didn’t attract attention.
- The colors clashed, didn’t attract viewers.
- The music alienated, didn’t attract fans.
- The idea failed to entice, didn’t attract supporters.
- The proposal lacked appeal, didn’t attract investors.
- The exhibit didn’t draw in, didn’t attract visitors.
- The product wasn’t appealing, didn’t attract buyers.
Explore More Opposite Words:
Last updated on June 22nd, 2023 at 09:44 pm