5 Sentences in Past Perfect Continuous Tense! In English grammar, the past perfect continuous tense is used to describe an action or event that took place in the past and continued up until a certain point. It’s formed by using the past perfect verb tense plus the -ing form of the main verb. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at five examples of sentences in the past perfect continuous tense. So, let’s get started!
5 Sentences in Past Perfect Continuous Tense
- I had been doing my homework for almost an hour.
- He hadn’t been singing at all yesterday evening.
- They hadn’t been sleeping.
- I wish you had been there last night.
- I’m glad you had been able to be here tonight.
Last updated on April 14th, 2023 at 05:32 pm