5 Examples of Descriptive Adjectives in Sentences! Adjectives are an important part of the English language. They can be used to describe a noun or give more information about it. Descriptive adjectives are particularly useful as they allow us to provide greater detail and depth to what we are describing. In this article, we will explore five examples of descriptive adjectives used in sentences. We will look at how each adjective contributes to the overall meaning of the sentence, as well as discuss their individual definitions.
5 Examples of Descriptive Adjectives (Meaning and Example Sentences)
- Charming – Pleasant and attractive.
- The charming young man won everyone over with his charisma.
- The old town had a charming atmosphere with its narrow streets and historic buildings.
- Her charming smile was enough to make anyone’s day brighter.
- Proper – Suitable or appropriate in the circumstances.
- Please make sure you dress in proper attire for the wedding.
- It’s important to have proper hygiene to prevent the spread of diseases.
- The teacher reminded the students to use proper grammar and punctuation in their essays.
- Homeless – Without a permanent home or shelter.
- The homeless man slept on a bench in the park.
- The charity organization provided food and shelter for homeless families.
- She felt a pang of guilt as she walked past the homeless woman begging for money on the street.
- Beautiful – Pleasing the senses or mind aesthetically.
- The sunset over the ocean was a beautiful sight to behold.
- She wore a beautiful dress to the ball that evening.
- The garden was filled with beautiful flowers of all colors and varieties.
- Hateful – Full of hate or expressing hate.
- His hateful words stung and left her feeling hurt and betrayed.
- The news was filled with reports of hateful crimes against minority groups.
- It’s important to combat hateful attitudes and behaviors with love and understanding.
Last updated on April 5th, 2023 at 09:20 am