Meaning of Near: at or to a short distance away; nearby.
Comparative and Superlative Degree of Near
The comparative degree of Near is the nearer, superlative degree of Near is the nearest.
Examples Using Positive Degree Of Near:
- The grocery store is near to our house.
- The coffee shop is near the office building.
- We live in a house near the beach.
- The hotel is near the train station.
- The park is near the shopping center.
- The bus stop is near the school.
- The restaurant is near the movie theater.
- Our office is near the city center.
- The library is near the university campus.
- The bakery is near my grandmother’s house.
Example Using Comparative Degree Of Near:
- The grocery store is nearer than the mall.
- The coffee shop is nearer to the bus stop.
- We live in a house nearer to the park.
- The hotel is nearer to the airport.
- The park is nearer to our new apartment.
- The bus stop is nearer to the subway station.
- The restaurant is nearer to the concert venue.
- Our office is nearer to the residential area.
- The library is nearer to the community center.
- The bakery is nearer to the main road.
Example Using Superlative Degree Of Near:
- The grocery store is the nearest shop in the area.
- The coffee shop is the nearest place to get a latte.
- We live in the house nearest to the park entrance.
- The hotel is the nearest accommodation to the convention center.
- The park is the nearest green space in the city.
- The bus stop is the nearest transportation hub.
- The restaurant is the nearest dining option for lunch.
- Our office is the nearest building to the parking lot.
- The library is the nearest source of information.
- The bakery is the nearest source of fresh bread.
Explore More Adjectives:
Complete List: Degree of Adjectives
Last updated on June 13th, 2023 at 06:06 am