20 Examples of Transitive Verbs in Sentences! Verbs are an essential part of language and can be used to form the most powerful sentences. Transitive verbs are a type of verb that involve a direct object, which is the recipient of the action of the verb. Understanding transitive verbs is important for mastering various aspects of grammar and writing. In this article, we will provide 20 examples of transitive verbs in sentences to help you learn how to identify and use them correctly.
Must Read: 50 Examples of Transitive Verbs
20 Examples of Transitive Verbs
20 Examples of Transitive Verbs in Sentences
- Can you please answer the phone?
- I always try to avoid drama and conflict.
- I had to bend down to tie my shoelaces.
- We had to cancel our vacation plans due to the pandemic.
- The hurricane will destroy many homes and buildings.
- The comedian likes to embarrass his audience for laughs.
- I want to embrace a healthier lifestyle this year.
- I tend to forget things easily, so I make lists to help me remember.
- Did you get a chance to try the new restaurant in town?
- I want to highlight the importance of recycling to protect the environment.
- Please do not interrupt me while I am speaking.
- Being a parent will involve making many sacrifices.
- The key to success is hard work and perseverance.
- The CEO will lead the company through a period of growth.
- I will leave work early today to attend my daughter’s soccer game.
- Let’s try to lighten the mood by telling some jokes.
- Can you please lower the volume on the TV?
- It’s important to maintain good hygiene to prevent the spread of germs.
- The suspect was charged with murder.
- I will send you an email with all the details.
Last updated on March 25th, 2023 at 07:31 am