20 Examples of Double Prepositions in Sentences! Double prepositions are prepositional phrases that consist of two prepositions placed one after the other, such as “in-between” or “out of.” They function as adverbial modifiers and often express a more specific relationship between the objects being described.
Related: 50 Examples of Double Prepositions
20 Examples of Double Prepositions in Sentences
- She quietly crept up from behind and surprised her friend.
- He managed to get out of the burning building just in time.
- The cat sat next to its owner while they watched TV.
- The child climbed onto the roof of the shed to retrieve their frisbee.
- According to the weather report, it will rain tomorrow.
- I searched for my keys inside my purse, but I couldn’t find them.
- Upon arriving at the airport, I realized I left my passport at home.
- The bird flew out of its nest and into the trees.
- The football game was canceled because of the bad weather.
- The hotel is located within walking distance of the beach.
- Due to the pandemic, many events were canceled last year.
- Without proper training, it’s dangerous to use heavy machinery.
- The drone captured stunning footage of the landscape from above.
- They stood outside of the store waiting for it to open.
- Before going to bed, she always reads a few pages of her book.
- The mole burrowed up to the surface of the soil.
- Throughout the movie, the audience was captivated by the thrilling plot.
- The hiker stumbled upon a beautiful waterfall deep within the forest.
- She was unable to attend the meeting due to a prior engagement.
- Without a map, it’s easy to get lost in the maze of streets outside the city center.
Last updated on April 5th, 2023 at 06:00 am