15 Examples of Compound Words in Sentences! Compound words are formed by combining two or more words to create a new word that has a different meaning from the individual words. These words can be made up of a combination of nouns, adjectives, verbs, and other parts of speech. They are commonly used in English and can help to simplify communication by allowing speakers and writers to convey complex ideas using fewer words.
In this article, we will provide 15 examples of compound words in sentences to help you better understand how they are used in everyday language.
Related: 100 Examples of Compound Words
- Hugh was lying in a tangle of Candlewick bedspread, wide awake.
- The dishwasher is a fantastic piece of machinery.
- Curling up in an armchair with a good book is one of my favorite pastimes.
- Your heartbeat rate is perfectly normal.
- In a saucepan, heat one tablespoon of oil.
- Will you please go get a screwdriver for me?
- At rest, her heartbeat rate is only 55 beats per minute.
- The perimeter of the airfield was patrolled by guards.
- On the right, the Al Maghrun airfield passed by.
- The horsepower of this motor is increased to 100.
- Have you completed your homework?
- He slid out of his armchair with a thud.
- A letter sent by airmail will arrive quickly in Europe.
- Tom’s homework was praised by the teacher.
- In front of the television, he was sprawled in an armchair.
Last updated on April 6th, 2023 at 07:22 am