5 Examples of Adverbs in Sentences
Here are five adverbs, along with their definitions and example sentences:
- Swiftly – quickly and with great speed or promptness
- The cheetah moved swiftly through the grasslands, chasing its prey.
- The deadline for the project was approaching quickly, so we had to work swiftly to finish it on time.
- She swiftly turned around to see who was calling her name.
- Carefully – with great attention to detail and caution
- The surgeon carefully performed the delicate operation, ensuring that no mistakes were made.
- The student read the instructions carefully before attempting the exam.
- The mother carefully carried her newborn baby down the stairs.
- Quietly – making little or no noise; without loudness
- The library was a place where everyone spoke quietly so as not to disturb others.
- She tiptoed quietly through the hallway so as not to wake anyone up.
- The thief moved quietly in the darkness, trying not to make a sound.
- Happily – in a happy or cheerful manner
- She smiled happily when she received the news of her promotion.
- The children played happily in the park, enjoying the warm weather.
- They happily sang and danced at the wedding reception.
- Tensely – with great nervousness or unease; in a strained or taut manner
- The room was tensely silent as everyone waited for the results to be announced.
- He spoke tensely, his voice trembling with fear and anxiety.
- The athletes were tensely waiting for the starting gun to go off.
Related: 100 Examples of Adverbs
Last updated on April 6th, 2023 at 07:15 pm