The weekend is a time most people look forward to, a respite from the workweek where leisure, relaxation, and personal activities take center stage. Whether you’re planning an adventure or seeking some much-needed rest, weekends have their unique terminology.
Words Related to Weekend
Here are the top 30 terms related to “Weekend” with meanings:
- Saturday: The first day of the weekend for many.
- Sunday: The second and often final day of the weekend.
- Rest: A period of relaxation, often associated with weekends.
- Leisure: Free time for enjoyment, prevalent during weekends.
- Getaway: A short holiday, typically over the weekend.
- Recreation: Activities done for enjoyment, common on weekends.
- Brunch: A late morning meal often enjoyed on weekends.
- Picnic: An outdoor meal, popular weekend activity.
- Outing: A short journey for pleasure, usually on weekends.
- Party: A social gathering, often held on weekends.
- BBQ: Short for Barbecue, a common weekend event.
- Adventure: An exciting experience, often planned for weekends.
- Vacation: A break from work, sometimes extended into weekends.
- Hike: A long walk for pleasure, often a weekend activity.
- Relax: To unwind and reduce stress, often during weekends.
- Movie: A form of entertainment often enjoyed on weekends.
- Hobby: An activity done for pleasure, often on weekends.
- Sleep-in: To stay in bed late, especially on weekends.
- Festival: A celebration often taking place on weekends.
- Road-trip: A long car journey, often undertaken on weekends.
- Shopping: The act of buying goods, common on weekends.
- Concert: A musical performance often scheduled for weekends.
- Camp: To stay outdoors overnight, usually on weekends.
- Exercise: Physical activity is often done during the weekend.
- Sightseeing: Visiting places of interest, common on weekends.
- Nightlife: Social activities occurring in the evening, often on weekends.
- Dining: The act of eating out, popular during weekends.
- Beach: A sandy shore often visited on weekends.
- Recharge: To gain energy, often over the weekend.
- Chill: To relax completely, a weekend objective.
Explore More Words: