Dive deep into the fascinating realm of the Animal Kingdom with our curated list of top 30 words. From common terms to the more obscure, understanding these words will enhance your knowledge of the diverse species we share our planet with.
Top 30 Words Related to Animal Kingdom
Here are the top 30 terms related to “Animal Kingdom” with meanings:
- Vertebrate – Animals with a backbone or spinal column.
- Invertebrate – Animals without a backbone.
- Mammal – Warm-blooded vertebrates, typically with hair or fur.
- Amphibian – Cold-blooded vertebrates; live both in water and on land.
- Reptile – Cold-blooded vertebrates with scales; often lay eggs.
- Aves (Birds) – Warm-blooded vertebrates with feathers and beaks.
- Ichthyology – Study of fishes.
- Arthropod – Invertebrates with jointed limbs; e.g., spiders and insects.
- Mollusk – Invertebrates with soft bodies, often with shells; e.g., snails.
- Carnivore – Animals that primarily eat meat.
- Herbivore – Animals that primarily eat plants.
- Omnivore – Animals that eat both plants and meat.
- Endangered – Species at risk of extinction.
- Nocturnal – Animals active primarily at night.
- Diurnal – Animals active primarily during the day.
- Hibernation – Deep sleep in cold weather to save energy.
- Migration – Seasonal movement of animals from one region to another.
- Camouflage – Ability to blend in with the surroundings.
- Predator – Animals that hunt and eat other animals.
- Prey – Animals hunted and eaten by predators.
- Symbiosis – Interaction between two species for mutual benefit.
- Parasite – Organism living in or on another, deriving benefit at the host’s expense.
- Aquatic – Animals living in water.
- Terrestrial – Animals living on land.
- Zoology – Study of animals and their behavior.
- Biodiversity – Variety of life within an ecosystem.
- Endemic – Species native to a particular region.
- Venomous – Animals capable of injecting venom.
- Viviparous – Animals that give birth to live young.
- Oviparous – Animals that lay eggs.
Explore More Related Words: