Vocabulary is the set of words that a person knows and uses. It is an essential aspect of language learning, communication, and comprehension. The following list comprises terms associated with vocabulary.
Words Related to Vocabulary
Here are the top 30 terms related to Vocabulary with meanings:
- Lexicon – the complete set of words in a language.
- Syntax – the arrangement of words in sentences.
- Semantics – the meaning of words and sentences.
- Phrase – a group of words with a particular meaning.
- Slang – the informal language used by a group.
- Jargon – specialized terms used in a field.
- Idiom – a phrase with a non-literal meaning.
- Antonym – a word opposite in meaning to another.
- Synonym – a word with the same meaning as another.
- Connotation – the emotional implication of a word.
- Denotation – the literal meaning of a word.
- Colloquialism – informal words or expressions.
- Dialect – a regional variation of a language.
- Adjective – a word describing a noun.
- Verb – a word indicating an action.
- Noun – a word representing a person, place, or thing.
- Pronoun – a word replacing a noun.
- Homonym – a word spelled and pronounced like another but different in meaning.
- Adverb – a word that modifies a verb, adjective, or another adverb.
- Etymology – the study of word origins.
- Affix – a prefix or suffix added to a word.
- Morpheme – the smallest unit of meaning in a word.
- Conjugation – the variation of a verb form.
- Inflection – the change in the form of a word.
- Root – the fundamental part of a word.
- Compound – a word made from two or more words.
- Acronym – a word formed from the initial letters of a phrase.
- Polysemy – a word with multiple meanings.
- Cliché – an overused expression.
- Abbreviation – a shortened form of a word.
Explore More Words: