The vascular system is an integral part of our physiology, and veins play a vital role in it. Responsible for carrying blood back to the heart, veins are more than just tubes. Understanding the terms related to veins can provide insights into cardiovascular health, medical conditions, and even day-to-day bodily functions.
Words Related to Veins
Here are the top 30 terms related to veins with meanings:
- Vascular: Pertaining to blood vessels, including veins.
- Arteries: Blood vessels that carry blood away from the heart.
- Capillaries: Tiny blood vessels connecting arteries and veins.
- Phlebotomy: The practice of drawing blood from veins.
- Hemoglobin: Protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen.
- Circulatory: Relating to the system that moves blood through the body.
- Thrombosis: Formation of a blood clot within a vein.
- Aorta: The main and largest artery in the body.
- Plasma: Liquid component of blood, minus cells.
- Valves: Structures that regulate blood flow in veins.
- Hematology: Study of the physiology of blood.
- Pulmonary: Pertaining to the lungs and respiratory system.
- Vasoconstriction: Narrowing of blood vessels.
- Vasodilation: Widening of blood vessels.
- Aneurysm: A bulge in a blood vessel wall.
- Clotting: The process of blood solidifying to form a clot.
- Hemorrhage: Excessive bleeding.
- Varicose: Pertaining to swollen, twisted veins.
- Angioplasty: Surgical widening of a blocked or narrowed blood vessel.
- Erythrocytes: Red blood cells.
- Cardiovascular: Relating to the heart and blood vessels.
- Ischemia: Reduced blood flow to tissues.
- Platelets: Cell fragments that aid in blood clotting.
- Stent: Device used to keep a blood vessel open.
- Hemostasis: The stopping of blood flow.
- Fibrin: Protein that forms the basis of a blood clot.
- Leukocytes: White blood cells.
- Endothelium: Inner lining of blood vessels.
- Septicemia: Blood poisoning by bacteria.
- Systolic: Pertaining to the phase of heart contraction.
Explore More Words: