A temple is a sacred building used for religious or spiritual activities. Whether found in ancient civilizations or modern cities, temples serve as centers of worship, rituals, and community gatherings. Knowing Words Related to temples can deepen your understanding of religious and cultural practices.
Words Related to Temple
Here are the top 30 terms related to Temple with meanings:
- Sanctuary – The holiest area inside a temple.
- Altar – A raised platform for religious rites.
- Deity – A god or goddess worshiped in the temple.
- Pilgrimage – A journey to a holy place, often a temple.
- Ritual – A set of actions performed for religious purposes.
- Sacred – Something regarded with veneration or religious respect.
- Clergy – Individuals ordained for religious duties.
- Worship – The act of showing reverence and adoration.
- Prayer – Communication with a deity or higher power.
- Incense – A substance burned for its aromatic fragrance during rituals.
- Offering – Something given to a deity as a sign of devotion.
- Chapel – A small place of worship within a larger complex.
- Relic – An object venerated for its religious or historical significance.
- Congregation – A group of people gathered for worship.
- Acolyte – A person assisting the clergy in a religious service.
- Sacrament – A religious rite considered to have divine grace.
- Fasting – Abstaining from food for religious reasons.
- Chant – A repetitive song used in religious practices.
- Scripture – The sacred writings of a religion.
- Monastery – A community of monks or nuns, often with a temple.
- Hymn – A song of praise to a deity.
- Sect – A subgroup within a larger religious organization.
- Veneration – Great respect or awe, often for a deity.
- Mantra – A word or phrase repeated in prayer or meditation.
- Devotion – Deep love or commitment to a deity or cause.
- Shrine – A place dedicated to a particular deity or aspect of a religion.
- Tabernacle – An ornamental receptacle for sacred objects.
- Sermon – A religious discourse delivered by clergy.
- Meditation – The act of focused thought or spiritual insight.
- Vestment – Special clothing worn by clergy during religious ceremonies.
Explore More Related Words: