Air pollution, an escalating environmental concern, has led to the proliferation of terms that capture its sources, impacts, and solutions. Understanding these key terms can enrich one’s comprehension of the issue and its widespread implications.
Words Related to Air Pollution
Here are the top 30 terms related to air pollution with meanings:
- Particulates: Tiny particles or droplets in the air.
- Smog: Fog mixed with smoke and pollutants.
- Emissions: Release of pollutants into the atmosphere.
- Aerosols: Fine particles or droplets in air.
- Ozone: Beneficial high, harmful at ground level.
- Greenhouse Gases: Gases causing atmospheric heat-trapping.
- VOCs: Organic chemicals evaporate into the air.
- 5: Harmful, tiny inhalable particles.
- Carbon Monoxide: Poisonous gas from incomplete combustion.
- Sulfur Dioxide: Gas from fossil fuels; that causes acid rain.
- Nitrogen Oxides: Gases forming smog, and acid rain.
- Acid Rain: Rain made acidic by pollutants.
- CFCs: Man-made compounds damaging the ozone layer.
- Methane: Greenhouse gas from livestock, and landfills.
- Air Quality Index: Indicator of regional air pollution.
- Lead: Heavy metal pollutant; harmful to health.
- Industrial Pollution: Pollutants from manufacturing plants.
- Exhaust: Waste gases, especially from vehicles.
- Carcinogens: Substances causing cancer in living tissue.
- Toxicants: Harmful environmental chemicals.
- Bioaerosols: Organic particles like pollen, and mold.
- Chimney Stack: Structure releasing factory emissions.
- Filtration: Removing contaminants from air/liquids.
- Respiratory: Related to lungs and breathing.
- Bronchitis: Air pollution-caused bronchial inflammation.
- Catalytic Converter: Device reducing vehicle emissions.
- Clean Air Act: Law for reducing air pollution.
- Fossil Fuels: Burnable natural resources; that release pollutants.
- Indoor Air Quality: Air purity inside buildings.
- Oxidants: Compounds damaging cells, and tissues.
Explore More Related Words: