The world of tourism is vast and exciting, encompassing a variety of activities, services, and destinations that attract travelers. Whether it’s leisure or business travel, tourism significantly impacts economies and cultures. Here is an exploration of the key terms that make up this dynamic industry.
Words Related to Tourism
Here are the top 30 terms related to tourism with meanings:
- Destination: The place where tourists aim to visit.
- Tourist: A person who travels for leisure or culture.
- Hospitality: The service given to tourists in hotels, restaurants, etc.
- Excursion: A short journey for pleasure or education.
- Itinerary: A planned route or schedule for a trip.
- Accommodation: A place for tourists to stay, like hotels or hostels.
- Attraction: Something that draws tourists, such as landmarks.
- Guided Tour: A tour led by an expert or local guide.
- Leisure: Free time when you are not working, often spent traveling.
- Travel Agent: A person who arranges travel plans.
- Passport: An official document for international travel.
- Visa: A permit to enter a particular country.
- Adventure Tourism: Travel focusing on outdoor activities.
- Budget Travel: Traveling with limited financial resources.
- Cruise: A journey by sea for vacation purposes.
- Eco-Tourism: Responsible travel to natural areas.
- Backpacking: Traveling cheaply with minimal belongings.
- Souvenir: An item bought to remember a trip.
- Reservation: Booking a service in advance.
- Local Cuisine: Food native to a particular area.
- Sightseeing: Visiting notable places for enjoyment.
- Transportation: The means of getting from one place to another.
- Cultural Exchange: Learning about another’s culture through travel.
- Jet Lag: Fatigue caused by air travel across time zones.
- Festival: A special event that attracts tourists.
- Package Tour: A pre-arranged tour with multiple services.
- High Season: Peak time for tourism in a destination.
- Low Season: A period of reduced tourism activity.
- Travel Insurance: Protection against travel-related risks.
- Customs: Where goods are declared at international borders
Explore More Related Words: