Anger, a complex and powerful emotion, has given rise to an array of words that depict its various shades and intensities. From fleeting irritations to intense fury, our language captures it all. Here are the top 30 words related to anger, sorted by relevance.
Words Related to Anger
Here are the top 30 terms related to anger with meanings:
- Fury – Extreme, often uncontrollable anger.
- Rage – Violent, explosive anger; uncontrolled wrath.
- Irate – Extremely angry; filled with rage.
- Livid – Very angry, furious; also refers to a dark bluish color.
- Infuriated – Made extremely angry or incensed.
- Outrage – A strong reaction of anger or shock.
- Tempestuous – Characterized by strong and turbulent emotions.
- Wrath – Intense, stern anger; divine punishment.
- Fuming – Emitting gas or vapor; showing great anger.
- Incensed – Very angry; enraged.
- Exasperated – Intensely irritated; frustrated.
- Irritated – Annoyed; provoked to impatience or anger.
- Aggravated – Made more severe or intense, especially in law; annoyed.
- Annoyed – Mildly irritated or displeased.
- Indignant – Feeling or showing anger or annoyance at perceived injustice.
- Peeved – Annoyed, irritated.
- Vexed – Annoyed, frustrated, or worried.
- Miffed – Slightly annoyed; peeved.
- Riled – Made angry or annoyed.
- Resentful – Feeling or expressing bitterness or indignation.
- Irritable – Easily angered or annoyed.
- Choleric – Bad-tempered or irritable.
- Cross – Annoyed or angry.
- Petulant – Childishly sulky or bad-tempered.
- Piqued – Feeling resentment at being slighted or disrespected.
- Disgruntled – Angry or dissatisfied.
- Acerbic – Sharp and forthright; tasting sour or bitter.
- Sullen – Bad-tempered and sulky; morose.
- Grumpy – Bad-tempered and irritable.
- Spiteful – Showing or caused by malice.
Explore More Related Words: