What does Gonorrhea Mean? (Meaning & Origin)
Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted infection caused by the Neisseria gonorrhoeae bacterium. It can affect both men and women and may lead to complications if left untreated.
Slang Words for Gonorrhea
- Clap: Gonorrhea infection
- Drip: Refers to discharge symptom
- GC: Initials for Gonorrhea & Chlamydia
- Big G: Casual term for Gonorrhea
- Blue Balls: Misleading term, not actually blue
- Hot Sauce: Indicates burning sensation
- Gift: Ironically termed as unwanted “gift”
- Bug: Generic term for infection
- Sailor’s Curse: Old nautical term
- Burner: Refers to painful urination
- Gono: Short for Gonorrhea
- Honeymoon Disease: Implies post-wedding acquisition
- The Beast: Exaggerated, severe form
- G-Train: Infectious “ride”
- Nasty: Generic term for unpleasant
- Fire Down Below: Indicates burning or discomfort
- Yellow Jack: Due to yellowish discharge
- Ranger Candy: Military slang
- Ole’ Faithful: Ironically not “faithful”
- Love Bug: Ironic; not loving at all
Use of Gonorrhea Slang in Example Sentences
- He found out he had the clap after the doctor’s visit.
- The drip was his first clue something was wrong.
- He got tested for GC along with other STIs.
- He had never heard of Big G until the diagnosis.
- Blue Balls is not a medically accurate term.
- He experienced a hot sauce kind of burn.
- No one wants this kind of gift from a partner.
- She got treated for the bug immediately.
- He joked about it being a Sailor’s Curse.
- Frequent burner sensations alerted him.
- The diagnosis was Gono, confirmed by tests.
- They dubbed it the Honeymoon Disease for laughs.
- This form of The Beast is manageable with treatment.
- He referred to it as catching the G-Train.
- He realized things had gotten nasty.
- The Fire Down Below made him see a doctor.
- Yellow Jack is a colloquial and outdated term.
- In the army, they sometimes call it Ranger Candy.
- Ole’ Faithful isn’t as dependable as it sounds.
- He regretted catching the Love Bug from his fling.
Explore More Slang Words: