Meaning/Definition of gain: Verb referring to the act of obtaining or acquiring something; Noun describing the increase or profit obtained.
What is the Opposite of gain?
The Opposite of gain is loss.
Other Opposites of gain:
Here is the list of all opposites or antonyms of gain:
- Falling off
- Step down
- Petering out
- Slowing down
Example Sentences Using Opposites of “gain”:
- If you don’t work hard, you will lose the opportunity to succeed.
- He had to forfeit his prize due to a violation of the rules.
- They decided to surrender their claim to the disputed land.
- She arrived too late and missed the chance to meet the famous author.
- In order to pursue his passion, he had to sacrifice a stable income.
- He had to give up his position in order to pursue a different career.
- They chose to relinquish their ownership of the property.
- The company decided to abandon their plans for expansion.
- The stock market crash caused their investments to decrease significantly.
- The economic downturn resulted in a diminish in profits for the company.
Explore More Opposite Words:
Last updated on June 24th, 2023 at 10:16 am