Power is a concept that holds immense significance in our lives. It represents the ability to exert influence, control, and authority over others or situations. When we think about power, a multitude of words come to mind, each capturing a unique aspect of its nature. Strength, dominance, supremacy, and command are just a few examples. These words embody the essence of power, highlighting its capacity to shape outcomes, inspire awe, and create a lasting impact. In this blog post, we will delve deeper into the vocabulary that aptly describes power, illuminating its multifaceted nature.
Adjectives for Power
Here are the 20 Most Popular adjectives for power:
Adjectives for Power Hungry:
Adjectives for Power Trip:
Adjectives for Power Struggle:
Adjectives for Brain Power:
Adjectives for Higher Power:
Adjectives for Absolute Power:
Adjectives for Losing Power:
Words to Describe Power with Meanings
- Dominant: Having control or authority over others.
- Commanding: Exercising power with confidence and authority.
- Influential: Capable of affecting or shaping opinions.
- Potent: Possessing great strength or influence.
- Mighty: Extremely powerful or strong.
- Forceful: Characterized by strength and impact.
- Authoritative: Commanding respect and obedience.
- Vigorous: Full of energy and strength.
- Formidable: Inspiring fear or respect due to power.
- Sovereign: Supreme and independent in authority.
- Prevailing: Existing or exerting influence widely.
- Dynamic: Energetic and forceful in action.
- Compelling: Having a powerful and persuasive impact.
- Robust: Strong and capable of withstanding challenges.
- Supreme: Of the highest authority or power.
- Puissant: Possessing great power or influence.
- Omnipotent: Having unlimited or universal power.
- Strong-willed: Determined and resolute in character.
- Majestic: Impressive and awe-inspiring in grandeur.
- High-powered: Having substantial or influential capabilities.
Example Sentences for Power Adjectives
- The lion is the dominant predator in the savannah.
- Her commanding presence captivated the audience.
- The scientist’s research has been highly influential in the field.
- The medicine has a potent effect on pain relief.
- The superhero possessed mighty strength to defeat villains.
- The general gave a forceful order to advance.
- His authoritative voice commanded everyone’s attention.
- The athlete displayed vigorous determination in the race.
- The challenges ahead seemed formidable but not impossible.
- The ruler governed with sovereign authority over the land.
- The prevailing belief was that hard work leads to success.
- The business environment is dynamic, always evolving.
- Her speech was compelling, persuading the audience to take action.
- The athlete’s training regimen ensured a robust physique.
- The king possessed supreme power over his kingdom.
- The magician’s puissant magic left the audience in awe.
- In many religions, God is considered omnipotent.
- Despite the challenges, she remained strong-willed and determined.
- The mountain peak offered a majestic view of the landscape.
- The high-powered lawyer won the case with her expertise.
Explore More Words:
How to describe explorers in writing?
Explorers can be described as intrepid adventurers who embark on journeys to discover new lands, cultures, and knowledge, pushing the boundaries of human exploration.
How do you calculate power in physics?
Power in physics is calculated by dividing the amount of work done or energy transferred by the time it takes to do so, expressed as Power = Work/Time.
What is the SI unit of power?
The SI unit of power is the watt (W), named after the Scottish engineer James Watt, and it represents the rate at which work is done or energy is transferred.