5 Examples of Relative Pronouns in Sentences! Relative pronouns are words that are used to connect a dependent clause to a main clause, by referring to a noun or pronoun in the main clause.
Related: 20 Examples of Relative Pronouns
5 Examples of Relative Pronouns in Sentences
Here are 5 examples of relative pronouns in sentences:
Refers to people, and is used as the subject of a dependent clause.
- The man who sold me this car was very friendly.
- She’s the doctor who helped me when I was sick.
- The boy who won the race was very happy.
Also refers to people, but is used as the object of a dependent clause.
- The teacher whom I spoke to yesterday was very helpful.
- He’s the man whom I saw at the store last week.
- She’s the person whom we’re interviewing for the job.
Can refer to people, animals, or things, and is used as either the subject or object of a dependent clause.
- The book that I’m reading is very interesting.
- The cat that I saw in the park was black and white.
- The man that we met at the party was very funny.
Refers to animals or things, and is used as the subject or object of a dependent clause.
- The car which I just bought is a hybrid.
- The computer which I’m using is very fast.
- The building which we visited yesterday is a museum.
Refers to people or things, and is used to indicate possession.
- The woman whose car was stolen reported it to the police.
- The company whose products we sell is very successful.
- The book whose cover is blue is mine.
Last updated on March 25th, 2023 at 04:24 pm