5 Examples of Interrogative Sentences! In order to improve your ESL speaking skills, it’s important to learn how to ask questions. In this blog post, we will give you five examples of interrogative sentences. By practicing these questions in English, you’ll be able to sound more confident when speaking with others.
What is an Interrogative Sentence?
An interrogative sentence is a type of sentence that asks a question. It is commonly used in communication to obtain information or clarification about a particular topic or situation. Interrogative sentences usually begin with a question word, such as “who,” “what,” “when,” “where,” “why,” or “how.”
- “What time is it?”
- “Where is the nearest gas station?”
- “Why did you miss the meeting?”
The tone of an interrogative sentence is often indicated by the use of rising intonation at the end of the sentence as if the speaker is expecting a response.
5 Examples of Interrogative Sentences
Below are examples of interrogative sentences:
- What is your name?
- Who are you?
- When did you arrive?
- Where are you from?
- Why did you come here?
5 Interrogative Sentences Using What:
- What is your favorite color?
- What is the capital of France?
- What time is it?
- What do you want to eat for dinner?
- What is your name?
5 Interrogative Sentences Using Which:
- Which book did you read last night?
- Which movie should we watch tonight?
- Which way is the beach from here?
- Which team won the championship last year?
- Which phone do you recommend?
5 Interrogative Sentences Using Who:
- Who is your favorite singer?
- Who is the CEO of Apple?
- Who is going to pick you up from the airport?
- Who is your best friend?
- Who won the Nobel Prize in Physics?
5 Interrogative Sentences Using Why:
- Why did you miss the meeting?
- Why do people celebrate Halloween?
- Why is the sky blue?
- Why are you sad?
- Why did you choose that university?
5 Interrogative Sentences Using Where:
- Where is the nearest post office?
- Where did you go on your last vacation?
- Where can I find a good restaurant?
- Where is the bathroom?
- Where do you usually go to buy groceries?
5 Interrogative Sentences Using Whose:
- Whose car is parked outside?
- Whose idea was it to start this project?
- Whose turn is it to do the dishes?
- Whose dog is barking?
- Whose pencil is this?
5 Interrogative Sentences Using When:
- When is your birthday?
- When does the next train arrive?
- When did you start working here?
- When will you finish your homework?
- When is the concert?
5 Interrogative Sentences Using How:
- How do you make pancakes?
- How far is the airport from here?
- How did you learn to play the guitar?
- How can I help you?
- How long have you been living in this city?
Last updated on April 14th, 2023 at 10:21 am