Do you need help understanding the verb “being” and how to use it in a sentence? If so, this article is for you! Here we will provide 20 example sentences using the word “being,”. We hope that by the end of this article, you will have a better understanding of when and how to properly use “being” in your own writing.
How Do You Use Being And Been In A Sentence?
“Being” and “been” are both forms of the verb “to be”, but they are used in different ways:
- “Being” is the present participle of “to be”, and is used to describe actions or states that are currently happening or ongoing.
- He is being kind to his neighbor.
- They are being loud and disruptive.
- “Been“ is the past participle of “to be“, and is used to describe actions or states that have already happened.
- She has been to Paris twice.
- They have been married for 10 years.
It is important to note that “being” and “been” are not interchangeable, and using them incorrectly can result in confusing or incorrect sentences.
Being Sentence Structure
A basic sentence structure using “being” as a present participle verb would be:
[Subject] + [is/are/am] + [being] + [verb] + [object]
She is being careful while crossing the street.
In this example, “she” is the subject, “is” is the auxiliary verb, “being” is the present participle verb, “careful” is the adjective describing the action, and “crossing the street” is the object of the verb.
Another example could be:
They are being interviewed for a job today.
In this case, “they” is the subject, “are” is the auxiliary verb, “being” is the present participle verb, “interviewed” is the verb describing the action, and “for a job, today” is the object of the verb.
Sentences Using ‘BEING’
- He is being killed with a knife.
- She is being eaten by a lion.
- I am being torn apart by dogs.
- Scientists are being threatened by the government.
- The children are being taught to read.
- The house is being watched by a policeman.
- We are being rewarded for our work.
- They are being punished for their crimes.
- The baby is being bathed by its mother.
- The corpse was being dragged to the river by a pig.
- Sara was being pounded by the waves.
- The man is being stung by a bee.
- They were being shot at.
- We are being torn apart by our debts.
- I am being killed with a knife.
- Father is being blamed for the accident.
- His body was being thrown into a fire.
- The children are being taught how to swim.
- They are being kept awake by loud music.
- The mother is being hurt by the bad behavior of her children.
- The policeman is being killed by a criminal.
- It is being built for our health.
- Joe is being taught how to drive.
- The film was being shot on location.
- I am being kept awake by loud music.
- Their house is being destroyed by fire.
- We are being given a lot of trouble by the rain.
- My younger brother was being punished for stealing.
- Tom is being taught how to drive.
- The little girl is being blamed for the accident.
- The boy is being punished for his bad behavior.
- The husband and wife are being killed by a criminal.
Simple Sentence With Being
Here are 10 simple sentences using “being”:
- Being happy is important for our overall well-being.
- I don’t like being stuck in traffic.
- Being honest is always the best policy.
- She enjoys being outdoors and going on hikes.
- Being punctual is a sign of respect for others’ time.
- He is being very rude to the waiter.
- Being a good listener is an important skill in any relationship.
- They are being very generous by donating money to charity.
- Being grateful for what you have can improve your outlook on life.
- She is being promoted to a higher position at work.
State Of Being Sentences Examples
State-of-being sentences describe the state or condition of the subject. They typically use linking verbs (e.g. am, is, are, was, were, be, being, been) to connect the subject to the complement, which describes the subject. Here are some examples of state-of-being sentences:
- She is happy.
- He was tired after the long walk.
- They are siblings.
- I am a student.
- The sky was blue and clear.
- The water is cold.
- The book is interesting.
- She has been sick for a week.
- He was being silly.
- The food was delicious.
Being Verb Sentences
Being verb sentences are sentences that use a form of the verb “to be” (am, is, are, was, were, being, been) as the main verb of the sentence. These sentences typically express a state of being or existence, rather than an action. Here are some examples of ‘being verb sentences’:
- I am happy.
- She is tall.
- They were tired.
- He has been sick.
- We were being careful.
- The cake was delicious.
In these sentences, the being verb (am, is, are, was, were, being, or been) is used to describe a quality or state of the subject. It does not indicate an action or activity that the subject is performing. Being verb sentences can be useful for expressing feelings, describing states of being, or making general statements.
Sentence Starting With Being
Below are some sentences starting with being.
- Being a good listener is a valuable skill.
- Being happy is a choice you can make every day.
- Being kind to others can have a positive impact on their lives.
- Being honest is always the best policy.
- Being grateful for what you have can bring more blessings into your life.
- Being consistent in your efforts can lead to great results.
- Being courageous means facing your fears and taking action.
- Being patient is important when you’re working towards a goal.
- Being mindful of your thoughts can improve your mental health.
- Being respectful of other people’s beliefs can foster harmony and understanding.
‘Me Being’ In A Sentence
Below are some example sentences using ‘me being’.
- Me being a perfectionist, I spent hours perfecting my presentation before the big meeting.
- Me being clumsy, I often drop things.
- Me being a vegetarian, I don’t eat meat.
- Me being an introvert, I prefer spending time alone.
- Me being a nature enthusiast, I enjoy hiking and camping.
- Me being tired, I decided to take a nap.
- Me being a morning person, I love to wake up early.
- Me being a dog lover, I can’t resist petting every dog I see.
- Me being the youngest member of the team, I often felt overlooked and underestimated.
- Me being a bookworm, I spend most of my free time reading.
- Me being a musician, I love to play guitar and sing.
- The weather was perfect for a picnic, me being a foodie, I packed a gourmet spread.
- Me being a foodie, I love trying new dishes and exploring different cuisines.
- The party was loud and chaotic, me being an introvert, I felt uncomfortable.
Last updated on April 9th, 2023 at 08:30 am