Welcome to the exciting world of words! Today, we’re diving into a specific category of words: those that start with the letter D and end with the letter K. These words may seem few and far between, but there are actually quite a few gems to discover.
From everyday vocabulary to obscure terminology, the range of words in this category is sure to surprise and intrigue you. So, let’s explore the unique and diverse collection of words that start with D and end with K!
Words That Start With D and End With K
3 Letter Words Starting with D and Ending with K:
- DAK: a type of fabric made from wool, typically used in blankets and rugs.
4 Letter Words Starting with D and Ending with K:
- DICK: a slang term for penis.
- DUSK: the period of twilight at the end of the day.
- DARK: having little or no light; of a color closer to black than white.
- DANK: unpleasantly damp or wet.
- DOCK: a platform built on the shore or out from the shore, used as a landing place for ships.
- DRUK: a monetary unit of Bhutan.
- DYKE: a barrier used to hold back water or prevent flooding.
- DORK: a person regarded as socially awkward or foolish.
5 Letter Words Starting with D and Ending with K:
- DRANK: past tense of drink; consumed a liquid.
- DWARF: an extremely short person or imaginary creature.
- DIRKS: plural of dirk, a type of dagger.
- DUSKS: plural of dusk, the period of twilight at the end of the day.
- DRUNK: intoxicated with alcohol.
- DECKS: plural of deck, a level surface used for various purposes, such as for walking or playing cards.
- DYKED: constructed or repaired a dyke, a barrier used to hold back water.
6 Letter Words Starting with D and Ending with K:
- DYBBUK: in Jewish folklore, a malevolent spirit that possesses a living person until exorcised.
- DYVOUR: an obsolete term for a debtor.
- DAYBOOK: a book used to record daily transactions or events.
- DIRKED: stabbed or killed with a dirk, a type of dagger.
- DUSKED: became or made dark, typically at sunset or twilight.
- DISKOS: a type of ancient Greek plate or discus used in athletic competitions.
- DISLIK: a feeling of aversion or disapproval towards something or someone.
7 Letter Words Starting with D and Ending with K:
- DEADPAN: a type of humor that involves delivering jokes or ironic statements with an expressionless face.
- DISBARK: to disembark or get off a ship or aircraft.
- DIPLOPIA: a medical condition where a person sees double due to an issue with their eyes or brain.
- DRAMMACK: a Scottish term for a small amount of food or a snack.
- DAWBAWK: an obsolete spelling of “dawbuck”, a term used in North America for a dollar bill.
- DEKKOED: British slang for having looked at something or someone.
8 Letter Words Starting with D and Ending with K:
- DEADLOCK: a situation where two parties are unable to reach an agreement or resolution.
- DISFROCK: to remove someone from a position of authority or power, especially a member of the clergy.
- DOCKWORK: work done in a dock or shipyard, usually involving the construction or repair of ships.
- DUCKWALK: a type of dance move that involves walking with exaggerated steps, popularized by musician Chuck Berry.
- DUMMKOPF: a German word meaning “stupid head” or “blockhead”, used to describe someone who is foolish or slow-witted.
- DRAMMOCK: an obsolete Scottish term for a small amount of food or a snack.
- DOOMSDAY: a prophesied day of reckoning or final judgment, often associated with the end of the world.
- DOCKLIKE: resembling a dock or wharf, often used to describe a platform or structure built over water.
9 Letter Words Starting with D and Ending with K:
- DISLIKING: a feeling of aversion or disapproval towards something or someone.
- DAYBREAKS: the time of day when the sun begins to rise; dawn.
- DICKERMAN: a person who buys and sells goods for a profit; a dealer or trader.
- DISSYMMETRIC: not having symmetry or being asymmetrical.
- DRAMSTICKS: a pair of thin drumsticks used to play percussion instruments such as drums or cymbals.
- DREIKANTER: a German word meaning “triangular prism”, used in geology to describe a type of rock formation.
- DRESSMAKER: a person who makes or designs clothes, especially women’s dresses.
- DISMASKING: revealing or uncovering something that was previously hidden or secret.
Names that start with “D” and end with “K”:
- Dirk: a Dutch name that means “ruler of the people”.
- Derick: a variant spelling of the name Derek, which means “ruler of the people”.
- Dominik: a name of Latin origin that means “belonging to the Lord”.
- Deryck: an alternate spelling of the name Derek or Derick.
- Dzik: a Slavic name that means “wild”.
- Drak: a name of Slovakian origin that means “dragon”.
- Dzidziolek: a Polish name that means “little sparrow”.
- Dack: a name of Scandinavian origin that means “replacement”.
Discover More Words That:
Last updated on April 14th, 2023 at 06:20 pm