In everyday communication, the word “yes” plays a vital role. It’s a simple term often used to signify agreement, confirmation, or acceptance. Understanding various words related to “yes” can enrich one’s vocabulary and enable more nuanced expression.
Words Related to Yes
Here are the top 30 terms related to “yes” with meanings:
- Affirmative – Confirming or agreeing to something.
- Consent – Permission or agreement.
- Agree – To have the same opinion.
- Accept – To willingly receive something.
- Confirm – To validate or approve.
- Authorize – To give official permission.
- Acknowledge – To recognize or admit.
- Sanction – Official permission or approval.
- Endorse – To publicly support.
- Ratify – To formally approve or validate.
- Concur – To agree or have the same opinion.
- Nod – A head movement indicating agreement.
- Acquiesce – To agree quietly without protest.
- Okay – Approval or permission.
- Permission – Authorization to do something.
- Validate – To confirm as accurate or genuine.
- Accede – To agree or express consent.
- Assent – Agreement or approval.
- Green light – A signal for permission or approval.
- Admit – To concede or acknowledge as true.
- Corroborate – To confirm or support.
- Assure – To guarantee or confirm.
- Permit – To allow something to happen.
- Subscribe – To express agreement or approval.
- Grant – To give permission or approval.
- Certify – To confirm as accurate or legitimate.
- Adopt – To accept or take up something.
- Countenance – To tolerate or approve.
- Cede – To yield or give away.
- Commend – To recommend or approve.
Explore More Words: