The concept of “wish” taps into our desires, hopes, and aspirations. Whether it’s a wish for good luck, a dream to be fulfilled, or a simple sentiment for happiness, the word “wish” embodies a broad spectrum of human emotions and intentions.
Words Related to Wish
Here are the top 30 terms related to “wish” with meanings:
- Desire: A strong feeling of wanting something.
- Hope: The expectation and longing for a certain thing to happen.
- Dream: A cherished aspiration or ambition.
- Aspiration: A strong desire to achieve something high or great.
- Yearn: To long intensely for something or someone.
- Covet: To want something strongly, often something belonging to someone else.
- Want: A lack or absence of something needed or desired.
- Crave: To desire intensely.
- Longing: A strong and persistent wish or feeling.
- Fantasy: An imagined sequence fulfilling a psychological need.
- Pray: To ask earnestly for something, often from a deity.
- Aim: An intended outcome or goal.
- Intention: A plan to perform an action.
- Goal: A specific achievement one strives for.
- Objective: A clear, measurable aim or goal.
- Ambition: An eager desire for distinction, power, or fame.
- Quest: A long and arduous search for something.
- Need: Something required or essential.
- Motive: A reason for doing something.
- Hanker: To have a strong, often restless desire.
- Impulse: A sudden strong and unreflective urge or desire.
- Whim: A sudden desire or change of mind.
- Urge: A strong need or impulse.
- Pine: To yearn deeply; to suffer with longing.
- Lust: A strong sexual desire.
- Inclination: A person’s natural tendency or urge.
- Willingness: Readiness to do something willingly.
- Passion: An intense desire or enthusiasm for something.
- Fancy: To feel a desire or liking for.
- Thirst: A strong desire for something.
Explore More Words: