Walking is not only a means of transportation but also an enjoyable activity and a form of exercise. The terms associated with walking can range from the types of walking to the gear used. Understanding these terms can enrich your vocabulary and your walking experiences.
Words Related to Walking
Here are the top 30 terms related to Walking with meanings:
- Pedestrian: A person who is walking, especially in an area where vehicles go.
- Hiking: The activity of going for long walks in the countryside.
- Trekking: The activity of walking long distances on foot for pleasure.
- Strolling: Walking in a leisurely way.
- Footpath: A trail or path for people to walk along.
- Sidewalk: A usually paved path along the side of a road for walking.
- Footwear: Shoes or other coverings for the feet, suitable for walking.
- Pedometer: A device that counts the number of steps taken.
- Stride: A single step, or the length of a single step.
- Pace: The speed or tempo at which someone walks.
- Sneakers: Casual shoes suitable for walking or sports.
- Walking Stick: A stick used to assist in walking.
- Backpack: A bag carried on the back, commonly used in long walks.
- Map: A visual representation of an area, useful for planned walks.
- Compass: A device used for determining direction, handy during walks.
- Trail: A marked path for walking or hiking.
- Jogging: A form of trotting or running at a slow or leisurely pace.
- Saunter: To walk in a slow and relaxed manner.
- Promenade: A place for a leisurely public walk.
- Amble: To go at a slow, easy pace; stroll.
- Landscape: The visible features of an area, often enjoyed while walking.
- Terrain: A stretch of land, especially with regard to its physical features.
- Ramble: A leisurely walk without a definite route.
- Footprints: Marks left behind by feet, can be found on walking trails.
- Crosswalk: A marked part of a road where pedestrians have the right to cross.
- Wanderlust: A strong desire to travel or wander.
- Wayfarer: A person who travels, especially on foot.
- Mileage: The distance covered or measurable in miles, often recorded during walks.
- Nordic Walking: A style of walking with poles, similar to cross-country skiing.
- Expedition: A journey for a specific purpose, often involving walking.
Explore More Words: