The term “vegetarian” is commonly used to describe a person who abstains from eating meat and sometimes other animal products. Understanding Words Related to vegetarianism can help us better understand this lifestyle, dietary choices, and even the ethical considerations that go along with it.
Words Related to Vegetarian
Here are the top 30 terms related to vegetarian with meanings:
- Herbivore: An animal that only eats plants.
- Vegan: A person who avoids all animal products, including meat and dairy.
- Plant-based: Diet focusing primarily on plants.
- Pescatarian: One who eats fish but not meat.
- Cruelty-free: Products not tested on animals.
- Nutrient: A substance providing essential nourishment.
- Organic: Grown without synthetic pesticides or fertilizers.
- Protein: A macronutrient, found in various foods.
- Legumes: Family of plants like beans, lentils, and peanuts.
- Tofu: Food made from condensed soy milk.
- Lacto-vegetarian: Eats dairy but avoids eggs and meat.
- Ovo-vegetarian: Eats eggs but avoids dairy and meat.
- Flexitarian: Semi-vegetarian; eats meat occasionally.
- Whole Foods: Natural foods without added chemicals.
- Seitan: A high-protein vegetarian meat substitute.
- Sustainable: Capable of being maintained long-term.
- Gluten-Free: Free from the protein gluten.
- Nutritional Yeast: A cheese substitute for vegans.
- Fruits: Edible plant structures containing seeds.
- Vegetables: Edible plants or plant parts.
- Fiber: Indigestible plant material, that aids digestion.
- Vitamins: Organic compounds essential for health.
- Minerals: Inorganic substances required for life.
- Superfoods: Nutrient-rich foods beneficial for health.
- Chlorophyll: The pigment making plants green.
- Locavore: A person eating locally sourced food.
- Ethical Eating: Food choices based on moral values.
- Non-GMO: Not genetically modified.
- Antioxidants: Compounds that prevent cell damage.
- Raw Food: Uncooked, unprocessed foods.
Explore More Words: