Alumni, a term most commonly associated with educational institutions, refers to the graduates or former students of an establishment. Delving into this theme, we’ve compiled the top 30 words related to alumni, offering a snapshot of their significance in the academic realm.
Words Related to Alumni
Here are the top 30 terms related to alumni with meanings:
- Graduate – A person who has successfully completed a course of study.
- Reunion – A gathering of people, especially alumni, after a long separation.
- Homecoming – An event where former members of a community return, often at schools or universities.
- Diploma – A certificate of completion for a degree or course.
- Commencement – A ceremony where students officially receive their academic degrees.
- Legacy – A student who is a relative of an alumnus or alumna.
- Chapter – A local branch or unit of an alumni association.
- Endowment – Funds donated to institutions, often by alumni, to support its mission.
- Mentorship – Guidance provided by a more experienced individual, often an alumnus.
- Fellowship – A group of people sharing common interests or goals, like alumni of a program.
- Distinguished – Recognized for excellence, often used for alumni with notable achievements.
- Hall of Fame – A place honoring outstanding individuals, often alumni.
- Network – Interconnected group, often of alumni, for mutual assistance or support.
- Donor – A person who contributes, especially alumni donating to their alma mater.
- Bursary – A monetary award given to students, often funded by alumni.
- Alma Mater – The school, college, or university one attended.
- Transcript – An official record of a student’s academic performance.
- Valedictorian – The student with the highest academic rank in a graduating class.
- Scholarship – A financial grant for a student, sometimes established by alumni.
- Association – An organized group of people with a common purpose, like alumni groups.
- Collegiate – Related to college or college students.
- Lecture series – A set of talks on particular subjects, sometimes hosted by alumni.
- Achievement – Something accomplished, especially by superior ability or effort.
- Honorarium – A payment given for professional services, often to alumni for events.
- Institution – An organization or establishment, like a school or university.
- Academic – Relating to education and scholarship.
- Sorority/Fraternity – Social organizations at colleges and universities.
- Thesis – A long essay or research paper, especially one written by a university graduate.
- Yearbook – A book published yearly, recording events, and details of a school or college year.
- Cap and gown – Traditional academic dress worn at graduation ceremonies.
Explore More Related Words: