Age, an inevitable aspect of life, possesses a rich vocabulary that captures its many facets. From infancy to the golden years, these terms help define and chronicle our journey through time. Dive into the top 30 words related to age and their brief definitions.
Words Related to Age
Here are the top 30 terms related to “age” with meanings:
- Infancy: The earliest period of a person’s life, typically from birth to age 2.
- Childhood: The stage of life from infancy to puberty.
- Adolescence: The transitional period between childhood and adulthood.
- Teenager: A person aged between 13 and 19 years old.
- Adult: A person who is fully grown or mature.
- Middle-aged: The period of age beyond young adulthood but before old age, typically from 40 to 65.
- Senior: An older person, often used to describe those above 60 or 65.
- Elderly: Being past middle age, especially in advanced years.
- Centenarian: A person who is 100 years old or older.
- Toddler: A young child, typically between the ages of 1 to 3.
- Youth: The time of life when someone is young; the early years.
- Maturity: The state of being fully developed or grown.
- Puberty: The period during which adolescents reach sexual maturity.
- Juvenile: A young person; not fully grown or developed.
- Geriatric: Relating to old age or the care of older people.
- Prime: The time of life when someone is at their highest level of strength or vitality.
- Twilight years: The final years of a person’s life.
- Neonate: A newborn baby, especially in its first month.
- Preschooler: A child who is below the age for attending primary school.
- Octogenarian: A person who is from 80 to 89 years old.
- Nonagenarian: A person who is from 90 to 99 years old.
- Adulthood: The period in life after physical growth stops, marked by maturity.
- Decrepit: Worn out or ruined due to age or neglect.
- Venerable: Accorded great respect due to age or associated wisdom.
- Aging: The process of growing old or maturing.
- Preteen: A child just below the age of adolescence, typically between 9 and 12.
- Gerontology: The scientific study of old age and the process of aging.
- Lifespan: The length of time for which a person or organism lives.
- Infantile: Relating to or characteristic of infants or infancy.
- Antique: Something old, especially of a certain period.
Read More Related Words: