Meaning/Definition of accept: Verb referring to the act of agreeing to receive or take something that is offered or given.
What is the Opposite of accept?
The Opposite of accept is refuse.
Other Opposites of accept:
Here is the list of all opposites or antonyms of accept:
- Turn from
- Pass on
- Rule out
- Knock back
- Brush off
- Disapprove of
- Turn away
- Turn back on
- Refrain from
- Not accept
- Pass up
- Abstain from
- Shoot down
- Throw out
- Say no to
- Turn down
- Balk at
- Set aside
Example Sentences Using Opposites of Accept:
- She rejected, didn’t accept the offer.
- The company declined, didn’t accept the proposal.
- The team refused, didn’t accept the challenge.
- The court dismissed, didn’t accept the case.
- The school denied, didn’t accept the application.
- The customer returned, didn’t accept the product.
- The audience disapproved, didn’t accept the performance.
- The committee vetoed, didn’t accept the idea.
- The parents disagreed, didn’t accept the decision.
- The society ostracized, didn’t accept the behavior.
Explore More Opposite Words:
Last updated on June 22nd, 2023 at 09:47 pm