Correct use of Prepositions!
English Grammar MCQs related to Prepositions are provided in this post.
The use of prepositions is very vast in our daily conversation. here, some basic prepositions and the practice exercises are provided.
English Grammar MCQs
Correct Use of Preposition
Choose the correct Prepositions
- Fresh air is good ______ health. (For)
- Dirty places are infested ______ germs. (With )
- The old man was alarmed _______ the gunfire. (At)
- I’m hopeful ______ passing the examination. (Of)
- She was fond _______ playing tricks. (Of)
- They could not agree ______ any name. (To)
- He reminds me ________ an old friend. (Of)
- The train arrived ______ time. (In)
- I have been living here ______ five years. (For)
- Your statement is not based _____ facts. (On)
Choose the Right Preposition Set 2
- The injured came ______ after a time. (To)
- We should give money _____ the needy. (to)
- He defrauded the simple villager ______all his money. (of)
- The Indians plotted _____ the Kashmiris. (against)
- Man clings _____ hope to the last moment. (to)
- He is desirous ______ going abroad. (of)
- Put it ______ your pocket. (in)
- She has absorbed _______ studies. (in)
- The policemen were armed ________ riffles. (with)
- You cannot be sure _______ your success. (of)
Correct Use Of Preposition Set 3
- He was accused ________ theft.
- Don’t laugh______ the poor.
- Please, give _______ smoking.
- He will not turn ________ my request. (of, at, up, down)
- What is the time ________ your watch?
- He was very kind _______ animals
- I was late ______ office today.
- She was leaning _________ the pillar. (by, to, for, against)
- Do not look down _______ the poor.
- The princess was married ________ the hero.
- She was deprived _______ her watch.
- Send this letter _______ my address. (upon. To, of, to)
- We cannot rely _______ him.
- I have been waiting ________ my friend.
- He was addicted ______ smoking.
- You will have to account ________ your deeds. (on, for, to, for)
Correct Use of Preposition Set 4
- You should abide ______ your promise.
- He was absorbed _______- his studies.
- He was not absent __________ school.
- We should abstrain_______ telling a lie. (by, in, of, from)
- Morning walk is useful _____ health.
- The chairman presided _________ the meeting.
- This road leads ________ Lahore.
- Lahore is famous _____ gardens. (to, over,to,for)
- Ali is addicted _______ smoking.
- I am getting late _____ college.
- He was charged ______ theft.
- He was run_______ by a car. (to, for, with, over)
- My friend acceded ______ my request.
- I don’t agree _______your suggestion.
- All were alarmed _____the news.
- He alighted _______ the house. (to, to, at, from)
Prepositions Quiz Set 5
- I swear _______ God.
- She is vain ______ her beauty.
- Please abstrain ______ smoking.
- Listen _____ my lecture. (by,of, from, to)
- He is blind _______ one eye.
- You should not be ignorant _______law.
- She is proficient _______ English.
- He is not entitled ______ (in, of , in, to)
- He is suffering _______Malaria.
- I congratulate you ______ your success.
- He is travelling _______ road.
- It is better to write ________ ink. (from, on, by, in)
- The Muslims believe _______ on Allah.
- He will blame you _____ it.
- The poor live from hand ______ mouth.
- We discussed it ______ detail. (in, for,to,in)
Use Preposition Correctly Set 6
- I shall stand ________ you in a difficult time.
- He prevented me _________ going there.
- Leo was annoyed _____ my performance.
- The people did not agree ____ the leader. (by, from, at, with)
- Death is preferable ______disgrace.
- Anna was absorbed ______ his studies.
- Nora has given _______ smoking.
- This shirt is loose ______ me. (to, in, up, to)
- Let me introduce you ____ my friends.
- Adil was ill _____fever.
- You can never see _______me plan.
- It is not easy to part ______ one’s favorite possession. (to, with, through, with)
- He does not care __________ me.
- What is time ______ your watch?
- He has invited me ______ tea.
- I have paid _______ it. (for, by, to, for)
English Grammar MCQS set 7
- People have been deprived _________their rights.
- Bushra was sitting ______ him.
- Akram was excused _________ attending the class.
- You should avail yourselves _______ this chance. (of , beside, from, of)
- You are not consistent ______ what you say.
- She is tired _____ his attitude.
- Hurry up, time is running______.
- Trust ________ God. ( In, of , out, in)
- Rexona will tide ________ her difficulties.
- He is Newton _________ our class.
- I will stand ______ you to the last.
- In this matter, he was ______ fault. ( Over, of , by, at)
- The old man was shouting______his servant.
- He prevented me ______ going there.
- He is used _______ it.
- Please, do not find faults ______ others. (at, from , to, with)
- We should not boast _______ our wealth.
- He longs ____ a car.
- He was charged _______ theft.
- They were laughing ________ the clown. (of, for, with, at)
- It is not good to depend _________others.
- He sold the horse __________ Rs. 50000.
- America is _____ war with Iraq.
- He tried to impose _____ me. (on, for, at, on)
- I’m dying ___________ a cup of tea.
- There is no money _____ me.
- I met him _____ chance.
- People have been deprived _____ their rights. (for, on, by, of)
- He writes ______ red ink.
- Take care_________ your health.
- Leone has invited me ________ tea.
- Discipline is key _______ success. (in, of, to, to)
- She is popular ______ her students.
- Please take charge________ the office.
- He hankers __________ riches.
- Neha feels inclined ________ serve others. (with, of, after, to)
English grammar MCQs Infographics
Choose the correct Preposition