50 Action words in English!
What are Action Words?
An action word is a word that shows an action or occurrence. Action words are used to make writing more interesting and dynamic. There are many different types of action words, but all share one common purpose: to show movement or action.
Some examples of common action words include walk, run, jump, and swim. Action verbs can also be used to describe emotions or states of being, such as laugh, cry, and be. Sit down.
You May Like to Read:
Action Verb Example Sentences
Action Words/Verbs List
Below is the list of 50 action words.
- Throw away
- Watch TV
Action Words With Pictures
|Sr. No.||Action Words||Pictures|
50 Action Words in English with Sentences
Here are 50 examples of action verbs:
- Run to the store to buy some groceries.
- Jump over the fence to escape the dog.
- Cook dinner for your family.
- Dance to your favorite song.
- Sing a lullaby to the baby.
- Write a letter to your friend.
- Read a book before bed.
- Speak clearly and confidently in front of an audience.
- Paint a picture of the sunset.
- Draw a picture of a flower.
- Build a sandcastle on the beach.
- Swim across the lake to reach the other side.
- Surf the waves at the beach.
- Ski down the mountain with your friends.
- Skate on the ice rink with your family.
- Ride a bike to school.
- Drive a car to the mall.
- Fly a kite in the park.
- Walk the dog around the block.
- Hike up the mountain to see the view.
- Jog around the park for exercise.
- Climb the tree to get a better view.
- Plant flowers in the garden.
- Mow the lawn to keep it tidy.
- Clean the house from top to bottom.
- Fix the broken sink in the bathroom.
- Install a new light fixture in the living room.
- Repair the car engine that won’t start.
- Weld the broken gate in the backyard.
- Build a birdhouse for the garden.
- Carve a pumpkin for Halloween.
- Bake a cake for a birthday party.
- Make a sandwich for lunch.
- Take a photo of the sunset.
- Record a video of your cat playing.
- Edit a video for your YouTube channel.
- Publish a blog post on your website.
- Tweet a message to your followers.
- Post a photo on Instagram.
- Pin a recipe on Pinterest.
- Like a post on Facebook.
- Comment on a post on LinkedIn.
- Send an email to your boss.
- Schedule a meeting with your team.
- Attend a conference to learn new skills.
- Volunteer at a charity event.
- Donate money to a good cause.
- Advocate for social justice.
- Vote in an election.
- Pray for world peace.
Last updated on August 6th, 2023 at 04:11 pm