Violence refers to behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something. It can be both physical and psychological, affecting both individuals and entire communities. Violence can manifest in various forms and settings, from domestic abuse to international conflicts.
Words Related to Violence
Here are the top 30 terms related to Violence with meanings:
- Aggression: Hostile or violent behavior or attitudes.
- Assault: A physical attack against someone.
- Brutality: Savage physical violence; great cruelty.
- Coercion: Using force or intimidation to obtain compliance.
- Domestic Abuse: Violence or other abuse in a domestic setting.
- Homicide: The act of killing another person.
- Terrorism: The use of violence for political goals.
- Harassment: Aggressive pressure or intimidation.
- Abuse: The improper treatment or use; misuse.
- Conflict: A serious disagreement or argument.
- Hostility: Unfriendliness or opposition.
- War: A state of armed conflict between different countries or states.
- Mugging: A physical attack to steal money or goods.
- Battery: The act of beating or hitting someone.
- Oppression: Prolonged cruel or unjust treatment.
- Gang Violence: Violent acts conducted by a group.
- Bullying: Using superior strength to intimidate someone.
- Rape: Unlawful sexual activity without consent.
- Vandalism: The act of deliberately destroying property.
- Weapon: An instrument used to inflict harm.
- Atrocity: An extremely wicked act.
- Persecution: Hostility and ill-treatment based on race, religion, etc.
- Intimidation: The act of frightening or threatening someone.
- Genocide: The deliberate killing of a large ethnic or cultural group.
- Retribution: Punishment for wrongdoing.
- Anarchy: A state of lawlessness or disorder.
- Riot: A violent disturbance by a crowd.
- Extremism: Holding extreme political or religious views.
- Force: Strength or energy exerted.
- Arson: The criminal act of deliberately setting fire.
Explore More Words: