Thought is the mental process where an individual forms ideas, opinions, or plans. It’s an integral part of cognition and is vital for decision-making, problem-solving, and imagination. The vocabulary that follows enriches our understanding of this mental action.
Words Related to Thought
Here are the top 30 terms related to thought with meanings:
- Idea – A concept or mental impression.
- Belief – Acceptance that something is true.
- Opinion – A personal view or judgment.
- Consideration – Careful thought over a period.
- Notion – A general understanding or theory.
- Viewpoint – A perspective or way of considering.
- Perspective – A particular way of considering something.
- Assumption – A thing that is accepted as true.
- Conviction – Firmly held belief or opinion.
- Mindset – A set of attitudes or beliefs.
- Understanding – The ability to understand something.
- Sentiment – A view or opinion that is held.
- Theory – A system of ideas intended to explain something.
- Philosophy – The study of fundamental questions.
- Inclination – A person’s tendency to act in a certain way.
- Insight – An accurate and deep understanding.
- Outlook – A person’s general view or attitude.
- Conception – Forming or understanding of an idea.
- Impression – An idea or opinion about something.
- Dogma – A principle or set of principles.
- Tenet – A principle or belief held true.
- Preconception – A preformed opinion or idea.
- Stance – An attitude or position on an issue.
- Intention – A determination to act in a certain way.
- Supposition – An uncertain belief or theory.
- Paradigm – A model or example followed.
- Assertion – A confident statement or declaration.
- Disposition – A person’s inherent attitude.
- Attitude – A settled way of thinking.
- Worldview – A particular philosophy or view of life.
Explore More Related Words: