Accidents, unforeseen and unplanned events causing damage or injury, have shaped our language with specific terminology. Unraveling these words can lead to a deeper understanding of both the occurrence and its implications. Below are the top 30 words related to “accident” with concise definitions.
Words Related to Accident:
Below are the top 30 terms related to accidents with meanings.
- Collision: A crash or conflict between two objects, often vehicles.
- Injury: Physical harm or damage to someone’s body.
- Mishap: An unfortunate incident; a minor accident.
- Crash: A violent and sudden collision, typically involving vehicles.
- Casualty: A person injured or killed in an accident.
- Incident: An occurrence, often negative, that interrupts normal procedure.
- Catastrophe: A sudden and widespread disaster or accident.
- Fatality: A death caused by an accident or a disaster.
- Hazard: A potential source of danger or harm.
- Impact: The forceful coming together of two things.
- Skid: A sliding or uncontrolled movement, especially of a vehicle.
- Wreck: The destruction or ruin of something, often referring to vehicles.
- Fracture: A break or crack in something hard, often bones.
- Bruise: An injury appearing as an area of discolored skin, caused by blood vessels breaking.
- Fault: Responsibility for an accident or misfortune.
- Rollover: A type of vehicle accident in which the vehicle turns over on its side or roof.
- Malfunction: A failure to function in a normal or expected way.
- Liability: Legal responsibility, often in the context of accidents or mishaps.
- Negligence: Failure to use proper care, resulting in damage or injury.
- Repercussion: A consequence or aftermath of an action or event.
- Safety: The condition of being free from harm or risk.
- Trauma: Severe emotional or physical shock caused by an injury or event.
- Emergency: A sudden, urgent situation requiring immediate action.
- Airbag: A safety device in vehicles that inflates upon collision to protect passengers.
- Whiplash: An injury to the neck caused by a sudden jerking motion.
- Damages: Money claimed or awarded as compensation for a loss or injury.
- Breakdown: A failure of a system, machine, or vehicle to function.
- Precaution: A measure taken to prevent potential harm or danger.
- Warning: A statement or sign that alerts of potential danger or harm.
- First aid: Immediate assistance or treatment given to someone injured before full medical care is available.
Read Other Related Words: