What does Phone Mean?
A “phone” refers to a telecommunications device used for voice communication, typically with the ability to make and receive calls over a network of interconnected devices. It enables real-time conversation between individuals separated by distance.
Slang Words for Phone
Here is the list of slang words for Phone with meanings:
- Blower: Old term for telephone device.
- Cell: Short for cellular device.
- Buzz: Sound-making communication tool.
- Ring: Sound-emitting call device.
- Horn: Vintage term for telephone.
- Mobile: Handheld communication device.
- Line: Refers to a telephone connection.
- Telly: Often means television, sometimes phone.
- Brick: Bulky, old mobile phone.
- Pager: Old-school message-receiving device.
- Flip: Refers to flip phones.
- Smartie: Short for a smartphone.
- Jingle: Phone’s ringing or alert sound.
- Receiver: Part you hold to ear.
- Dialer: Device used for making calls.
- Tele: Short for telephone.
- Cellie: A casual term for cellphone.
- Ring-a-ling: A ringing phone.
- Handset: Hand-held calling device.
- Talkie: From walkie-talkie, sometimes phone.
- Link: Connection or communication tool.
- Comm: Short for the communicator.
- Ringer: Device that makes ringing sounds.
- Droid: Short for Android phone.
- Buzzbox: Phone that vibrates often.
- Pocket dial: Unintentional call from pocket.
- Hotline: Direct or emergency phone line.
- Rotary: Refers to old rotary phones.
- Cordless: Phone without a physical line.
- Phablet: Phone-tablet hybrid.
Use of Phone Slang in Example Sentences
Below are example sentences using the slang term Phone:
- Can you hand me the blower?
- Lost my cell at the beach.
- My buzz has a low battery.
- I can’t find my ring anywhere.
- He answered the horn quickly.
- Your mobile is on the table.
- There’s no line in the cabin.
- I dropped my telly in water.
- That brick still works?
- Do you remember using a pager?
- I miss my old flip sometimes.
- My smartie has a great camera.
- The jingle startled me.
- Put the receiver down.
- Is this your dialer?
- My tele is acting up.
- Charging my cellie overnight.
- The ring-a-ling startled the cat.
- The handset is pretty ergonomic.
- I use my talkie all day.
- This link has a weak reception.
- The new comm is futuristic.
- Adjust the ringer volume.
- My droid needs an update.
- Got your buzzbox with you?
- It was just a pocket dial.
- Called the company’s hotline.
- They had a vintage rotary display.
- The cordless is more convenient.
- This phablet is huge!
Explore More Slang Words: