Meaning/Definition of hyperbole: Noun referring to an exaggerated statement or claim not meant to be taken literally.
What is the Opposite of hyperbole?
The Opposite of hyperbole is understatement.
Other Opposites of hyperbole:
Here is the list of all opposites or antonyms of hyperbole:
Example Sentences Using Opposites of “hyperbole”:
- He used an understatement to describe the magnitude of the situation.
- The use of litotes toned down the emphasis of the statement.
- She employed a euphemism to soften the impact of the words.
- The message conveyed a sense of subtlety rather than exaggeration.
- He showed restraint in his claims, avoiding exaggeration.
- The article was written with moderation, avoiding exaggerated statements.
- The scientific report presented the data with precision and accuracy.
- The measurements were taken with accuracy to ensure reliable results.
- The calculations were performed with exactness to avoid errors.
- The movie portrayed events as they happened, reflecting reality rather than hyperbole.
Explore More Opposite Words:
Last updated on June 24th, 2023 at 02:46 pm